Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dirty Projctors- Bitte Orca

Genre: experimental, chillout, math r&b?

If their last release was a little too experimental for you, you might enjoy this one, as it's more straightforward and even has some soulful/hip-hop influences. The girls really stepped it up and everyone in this band does some truly amazing work. Although, if you've never heard them before, I'd start with Rise Above because it is the best thing they've ever done. enjoy.

http://uploading.com/files/ZVNBL9L6/DirtyProjectors.zip.html

Edit: After a listen-through, I'm not sure about this one. We'll see if it grows on me. I like the live versions of "Stillness on the Move" and "Remade Horizon" better though, definitely.

Edit 2: Ok, well, the first two tracks are really good, as is the single, "Stillness is the Move." There's not really a bad song. I am a little dissapointed by the arrangement of "Remade Horizon," but overall, a buy over a download I think.

No comments: