Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mt. Eerie- Wind's Poem

Genre: ambient, minimalist, experimental

The sequel to Black Wooden Ceiling Opening. Lots of distortion and blackness and is that double kick I hear? Thickest album of the year. Haven't listened to the whole thing yet but it should be great.

http://www.mediafire.com/?moqtmmnnkmz

Edit: Maybe a little more ambient and atmospheric than I would have liked. I enjoyed the straightforward songs of Black Wooden Ceiling Opening. I can appreciate the artsy-ness, but eleven minutes (track 2)?

Edit 2: This is much more like "Mount Eerie" by the Microphones than the aforementioned BWCO. A little dissapointing. I just got to the first song with actual instruments, track 8.

Edit 3: The last five tracks are really neat, but overall this is just a little too ambient for me. I'd love to hear what you guys think!

1 comment:

Signs of Life said...

i want this but the link doesnt work